Check out the most shared ads of this year:
1. A Dramatic Surprise on a Public Square (TNT)
Call it “reality advertising.” A practical joke of sorts spools out before a crowd of onlookers in Belgium to promote TNT, the cable network.
2. Call Me Maybe (Abercrombie & Fitch)
Lots of people jumped on the “Call Me Maybe” bandwagon in 2012. But Abercrombie was one of the few brands to capitalize on it. Having male models in the video probably helped.
3. Ken Block’s Gymkhana Five: Ultimate Urban Playground: San Francisco (DC Shoes)
Driver Ken Block does his thing in San Francisco.
4. The Bark Side (Volkswagen)
VW had the most-viral ad of 2011 with “The Force.” The sequel didn’t do as well, but this teaser for the sequel didn’t do too shabby.
5. Project Glass: One Day… (Google)
Google gave its Project Glass — spectacles that give you an augmented reality-enhanced view of the world, a proper launch with this video.
6. GoPro HERO3: Black Edition – Smaller, Lighter and 2X More Powerful (GoPro)
GoPro showed off its HERO3:Black Edition with this video of extreme athletes in action.
7. Unlock the 007 in You. You Have 70 Seconds! (Coke Zero)
In another example of reality advertising, Coke Zero challenges ordinary blokes to execute a 007 mission.
8. Share it Maybe (Sesame Street)
Cookie Monster tries his hand at the second-biggest viral song of the year.
9. Som Sabadell Flashmob (Banc Sabadell)
In case you thought flash mobs were hopelessly 2011, there was this one for Spanish bank Banc Sabadell.
10. An Unexpected Briefing #airnzhobbit (Air New Zealand)
Air New Zealand inevitably joins forces with The Hobbit for a unique safety video.
Do you like the most shared ads of 2012? Let us know in the comments.