Cybersecurity is a huge concern nowadays, especially for companies that produce and store a lot of sensitive data. Their systems are vulnerable to hacking and other kinds of privacy violations that might put them at risk. However, IT professionals and experts in the field of cybersecurity might try to combat this through ethical hacking or trying to expose the loopholes or defects insecurity that might leave the systems vulnerable, try to work in best laptop for cybersecurity to prevent future damage to the company.
As you can imagine, if you’re working in the field of cybersecurity, you need some tough tech. You cannot get by without a very good CPU and high RAM, and you also need a large screen for coding. Getting a laptop specifically for cybersecurity purposes also means it should be a reliable build with cutting-edge technology and long battery life. Also, try to buy the best big-screen monitors to set up a perfect workspace for cybersecurity.
You can’t have your laptop flickering off at a critical point in your work. So if you’re into IT and cybersecurity is your niche, and you need a laptop that can handle its heavy demands, look no further.
10 BEST LAPTOP FOR CYBER SECURITY REVIEW
1. ALIENWARE M17 R3 – BEST HI-TECH LAPTOP FOR CYBER SECURITY
The Alienware m17 from Dell is a heavy-hitter. It’s on the pricey end, but it’s well-designed with a futuristic, cool look, and there are quite a few configuration options. It’s also built with some tough material, with magnesium alloy, steel, and copper to give it a strong foundation.
The 10th generation processor with Intel Core i7 means Alienware has ensured that this piece of tech can definitely handle any cybersecurity demands, and because it’s built for gaming, you get really good graphics as well, so don’t worry about slightly blurred text amid your lines and lines of coding.
The Cryo-Tech cooling system keeps things calm and chill, so you can work for hours at a go without having to deal with heat issues. The 16 GB RAM is also a great bonus. This is a top-performer if you need best laptop for cybersecurity, although it is quite a financial investment.
- 17.3 inches and a full 300Hz HD panel.
- Very thin-bezel display.
- Very stylish AlienFX lighting for added flair.
- Weighs around 4.65lbs and is around 20.5 mm in width.
- The NVIDIA RTX 2070 ensures top-notch graphics.
- Lots of port connections – USB Type-A, HDMI, DisplayPort, USB Type-C, etc.
- Keyboard with anti-ghosting, and also RGB backlighting which looks good against the white body.
2. APPLE MACBOOK PRO – BEST LAPTOP FOR CYBER SECURITY PROFESSIONALS
Of course, Apple is the best laptop for cyber security and known for its stringent security, so if you’re worried about your own, this is a great laptop to invest in for your company. It’s also great for probing the system weaknesses because the Intel Core i9 processor delivers great performance for long periods.
You can use your MacBook Pro for coding, for graphic design, for hardcore work – whatever you like, really. The beautiful P3 wide colour gamut also means you can enjoy a great display with realistic images from every angle.
Also, everyone is familiar with the iconic Macbook design, slim and portable with a minimal grey design. You get 64GB of memory, which is nothing to scoff at and gives you lots of room to juggle tasks. The long battery life can also help you out if you’re buying this laptop, particularly for cybersecurity purposes.
- 16 inches, Retina display with 500 nits brightness.
- AMD Radeon Pro 5000M for great graphics performance.
- A Magic keyboard for quiet and easy typing, work, or gaming.
- Touch Bar for shortcuts, Touch ID for added security.
- A six-speaker sound system for the immersive audio experience.
- Apple security chip to ensure encryption and privacy.
- 8TB SSD.
3. ACER PREDATOR – BEST LAPTOP FOR CYBER SECURITY STUDENTS
Acer’s Predator Helios 300 is pretty portable, coming with an extra sleeve so you can carry it around. Its 10th generation Intel Core i7 processor (with six cores) is a pretty good work-horse, and you can expect the laptop’s integrated graphics to manage things smoothly when you’re not playing games or doing very intense work.
Of course, the Helios 300 also comes with the NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060, when you need to get long hours of work done or if you want to do some gaming or anything heavy. The PredatorSense app lets you monitor everything that’s going on, from fan speeds to overclocking. And you can get the app on your mobile!
The fan is programmed with Aeroblade 3D technology to deal with heat problems. The keyboard is pretty colourful and attractive, with a Turbo button for overclocking. The laptop doesn’t have the most subtle design, but you can’t deny that it can get the job done without breaking a sweat.
- 15.6 inches, 144Hz and full HD.
- 3ms response time is great for gaming, and 300nit Brightness.
- Lots of ports, HDMI, MiniDP, Type C Gen 2, etc.
- RGB keyboard with highlighted WASD and arrow keys.
- A premium sound system with DTS X Ultra.
- Up to 6 hours of battery life.
- Around 5.07lbs, portable.
4. MSI GL65 LEOPARD – BEST GAMING LAPTOP FOR CYBER SECURITY
This best laptop for cybersecurity from MSI is great for people wanting to stick to a budget, and you can expect just as good a processor (Intel Core i7) to power a solid bit of tech when you’re doing anything related to cybersecurity. It isn’t the best looker on the market, but it’s hardly ugly, and the black body is simple and understated, with a bright RGB keyboard for gamers.
You also get graphics courtesy of the NVIDIA Super Series, so if you do happen to be gaming on the side while hacking away at your day job, this is ideal.
The laptop has a built-in cooling system with 7 heat pipes, so that should keep things going at a relatively cool place. MSI also throws in their Dragon Centre software so you can keep on top of things. This isn’t the lightest laptop out there at 9.13lbs, but it’s portable enough if you need to carry it around.
- 15.6 inches and full HD, also 144Hz.
- Very thin bezels display.
- 512GB SSD storage.
- Steel Series keyboard with per-key backlighting.
- Good display with an IPS panel and anti-glare tech.
- Cooler Boost 5 to handle the heat.
- Hi-Res Audio speakers.
5. RAZER BLADE 15
This all-black Razor model looks modest and simple, but don’t let the looks fool you, it’s got pretty good specs. It’s a new model with the 10th gen Intel i7 processor, designed with an attractive logo on the lid and a no-frills aluminium body, for the understated gamers and techies out there.
The NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 with Max-Q design boosts the graphics end, and you’re guaranteed a great viewing experience with the 144Hz display.
According to Razor, the laptop doesn’t come crammed with bloatware for you to have to sort out later, and the keyboard is a thing of beauty if you’re going to be stuck at work coding 24/7. Razer Chroma allows per-key customization, and backlights look really good against the black body of the laptop. Late-night gaming sessions are sorted!
- 15.6 inches, full HD and thin-bezel display.
- Very thin and portable.
- 512GB SSD for storage, upgradeable too.
- Razer Synapse software to control macros and profiles.
- Sleek RGB keyboard with anti-ghosting.
- HDMI, USB Type-A and C, Wifi 6 – lots of connections.
- Aluminum chassis and an elegant glass touchpad
6. ASUS ZENBOOK 15
Asus is providing one of the cheaper offerings on this list, but it’s pretty good and one to snap up if you’re looking for a powerhouse on a budget to handle cybersecurity in the office. It’s got a really good, slim design, and it comes with an innovative feature: a touchscreen touchpad, the ScreenPad 2.0. You can write on it, it has a number pad, customizable hotkeys, and a bunch of other features.
However, the ZenBook 15 also has a good processor (Intel Core i7) and is Alexa-compatible, so you can expect it to work fast and also help you multitask, especially with the ScreenPad thrown in.
- 15.6 inches NanoEdge display.
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 to give an edge to the graphics department.
- Super-light, thin, and travel-friendly.
- 512GB SSD for storage.
- Facial-recognition for added security.
- Lots of ports for HDMI, USB Type-C, Wifi 6, etc.
7. HP PAVILION 15 LAPTOP
You can always expect quality from HP. The Pavilion 15 has the classic HP design, and it’s at a very affordable price point. The silver laptop is simple and compact, and the 11th gen Intel i7 processor is no joke and delivers with high-performance.
On the graphics end, you get the Intel Iris Xe Graphics for a great display. Battery life is pretty good, advertised at 8 hours, so you can chug away for a while at work before you have to plug it in, and HP’s Fast Charge ensures that you won’t have to wait long for it to be charged up again. Just what you need for your cybersecurity needs!
- 15.6 inches, full HD display and also Micro-Edge for an enhanced display.
- 512GB SSD for storage.
- Dual Speakers for great audio.
- HD camera to brighten up your Zoom meetings.
- HDMI, Super speed USBs (TypeA and Type-C), some extra’s.
- Light and thin.
8. ASUS VIVOBOOK – BEST BUDGET LAPTOP FOR CYBER SECURITY
A light and cool budget option from Asus, this is another great option for the cybersecurity office. With the AMD Ryzen 5 3500U Processor, you can expect good output for when you’re pulling a long work shift. The fingerprint reader is a nice, efficient bonus, and the NanoEdge display is nothing to scoff at.
- 15.6 inches, full HD, with a refined design.
- Weighs 3.5lbs, super portable.
- 256GB SSD for storage.
- 16GB memory.
- Comes with cable accessories.
9. OEM LENOVO THINKPAD E15
Another budget option from Lenovo to set up your cyber security rig, this laptop has an Intel Core Quad i5 processor. For the price, this is a good deal, and the integrated Intel UHD Graphics aren’t bad at all. There’s high-connectivity with this laptop and you get a bunch of ports as well. It’s quite light-weight so it travels well.
- 15.6 inches, with full HD and anti-glare.
- 250GB SSD for storage.
- 16GB RAM.
- IPS panel to enhance the display.
- HD audio with stereo speakers.
10. DELL INSPIRON 13 7391
This list of laptops for cybersecurity is incomplete without a look-in from Dell, and they have a pretty good laptop at a reasonable price. The Inspiron 13 7391 is a touchscreen with Intel Core i7, which makes it very efficient if you work better with tablets than laptops. It also has a nice stylus slot, where you can store your Dell Active Pen. The 4K display is also very nice.
- 13.3 inches with Ultra HD for a great display.
- 512GB SSD for storage, upgradeable.
- 16GB RAM.
- Fingerprint scanner.
Hopefully, if you’ve been hunt for the best laptop for cyber security needs, you’ve hit the jackpot. You need to look out for a few essentials, but as long as the processor is fast and the laptop can stand up to the demands of your work, you can’t go wrong. Remember to settle on a laptop that works for you, since you’ll probably be glued to it for hours on end trying to figure out a string of code!