Have you ever faced an error code 0x80042405 – 0xa001b on your PC? As this is a widespread error, you might have met it. So in this article, we are going to talk about 0x80042405 – 0xA001A error. We will describe and fix this error in detail. So without wasting any time, let’s dive right in.
What is Error Code 0x80042405 – 0xa001b?
This is a simple computer error faced by many peoples while performing work on the Media Creation tool. This error appears when a user tries to make a Bootable Pen Drive, mostly related to disk settings. In other ways, this occurs when a user tries to upgrade their computers to WINDOWs 10 OS.
Is error code 0x80042405 – 0xa001b harmful?
This error will not harm your computer in any way. This is just a computer bug which is mainly caused due to wrong disk settings. It will not delete, corrupt, or modify your PC files as a Virus or Malware does.
Possible Reasons for error code 0x80042405 – 0xa001b
Four reasons will lead you to face this error. Let’s have a look.
- Media Creation Tool can not run inside the USB Drive.
- Your USB is full, which means it does not have enough space in which you want to create installation media.
- USB is not formatted as NTFS File System.
- Antivirus present in your PC is not allowing the software to work correctly.
6 Ways To Solve The Error Code 0x80042405 – 0xa001b
You are here because you are facing the same error. But do not get worried because this post will help you a lot to solve this. We have discussed six ways with which you can fix such error. Let’s have a look at all of them one by one.
Method 1: Download, Install and Run Same USB Drive
This is the simplest method of solving 0x80042405 – 0xa001a error, and it explains this in almost every case.
- Downloading the Windows Media Creation Tool in the equivalent USB Drive where you need the establishment to be finished is recommended. For instance, if you have a USB drive named John and want to create installation media in this John USB, you have to download Windows 10 Media Creation Toll into that John Named USB.
- Run the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool directly from the USB Drive.
Note: – This method solved the error for most users, but it is not guaranteed that it will solve yours. Hence, we have also given five other ways to solve this error.
Method 2: Converting your USB from GPT to MBR
This method works on the concept of converting your USB Drive from GPT to MBR. In this method, we will be going to change your USB from GPT to MBR. But do not worry your USB is safe. No damage to your USB will take place.
- First of all, go and download the MiniTool Partition Wizard
- Open the software and select Convert GPT to MBR Disk available on the left. After clicking on it, select your USB Drive. Now click on Apply. Your USB Drive had been successfully converted into MBR.
Method 3: Formatting USB Drive to NTFS
Formatting your USB Drive to NTFS can also be helpful. Some users over the internet said that after formatting their USB to NTFS, their problem gets solved. So why don’t we try this?
- Open MiniTool and select the Format Partition option available on the left.
- Choose the file system as NTFS and click on OK.
- Now Click on Apply.
Method 4: Disabling USB Selective Suspend Setting
We do not need to download and install any third-party software. It just needs a bit of change in control panel settings.
- Open Your Control Panel.
- Now click on Power Settings.
- Click on Change When the Computer Sleeps.
- Click on Change Advanced Power Settings.
- Expand USB settings, as shown in the image.
- Select Disable and click on Apply.
Method 5: Changing Startup Settings
This method can also help you a lot to get from this problem. In this, we are going to start some services that are Update Related. Have a look at the below instructions to see more.
- Press Window Key + R.
- Run Window Will open.
- Type services.msc in it and click enter.
- Now search for Windows Update, Background Intelligent Transfer Service, Server, Workstation, TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper, and IKE and AuthIP IPsec Keying Modules.
- After finding the above services, double click on all of them one by one. A new dialogue box will appear.
- Change the Startup Type of all the services mentioned above to Automatic.
Method 6: Using Window 7 USB Tool
And the last method for solving this error is to use a Windows 7 USB tool Instead of a Windows 10 USB tool. To do this, you need to have Windows 10 ISO and Windows 7 USB tool downloaded on your PC.
- Go to the Microsoft Official website and download the Windows 10 ISO file. Make sure to download the Windows 10 ISO version according to your need as there are many versions available there. For home usage, I recommend you download Windows 10 Home ISO file.
- Download Window 7 USB Tools
- Now Download plus Install the Windows 7 USB Tool.
- Now, it will ask you to Browse your ISO file.
- Browse the ISO File and Select it.
- Click on Next.
- Follow on-screen instructions, and you are done.
I hope these fore-mentioned methods will help you to solve the error code 0x80042405 – 0xa001b. If you have any queries related to this error, comment us below.