If you are working on a Windows 10 PC, you may face “the driver\driver\wudfrd failed to load for the device root\system\0000.” error. And If not, then be ready as it may come in the future. No doubt you are searching for the solution to it and wondering about such a problem.
The driver\driver\wudfrd failed to load for the device root\system\0000. and error source Kernel-PnP in windows and considered a common problem while upgrading the device. There may be different reasons for this type of issue, but the most common reason behind it is the incompatibility of drivers or due to the windows driver foundation.
The driver\driver\wudfrd failed to load for the device root\system\0000. error is a driver compatibility problem in windows when you try to install the latest upgrade. Here in this article, you will learn the solution to such issues in five different ways. Let’s have a closer look.
How to Fix the driver\driver\wudfrd failed to load for the device root\system\0000.
This is not a huge issue, but “prevention is better than cure” and may lead to big problems. Thus below are five ways of solving event Id 219 with steps; understand and fix the problem.
Solution-1: Check if your device is up to date or not
By checking whether your device is updated, you can efficiently resolve error 219, as updates upgrade your windows device and your drivers. So following are the steps to fix the driver\driver\wudfrd failed to load for the device root\system\0000. quickly.
1. Click on the search icon on the taskbar.
2. Search for updates.
3. Then go to the windows update settings from the search results.
4. After that, see if your device is up to date or not; if the update was done previously, move to the next method as the problem is not here, and if not, select the “check for updates option” and keep patience.
5. This will update your windows version as well as the drivers, and problem-solving.
Solution-2: Windows driver foundation service setting
As I told before, service settings of windows driver foundation are another big reason behind the word failed to load for the device warning. It is crucial to enable the windows driver foundation’s service, as this leads to the upgrading problem we are discussing. The step by step method of allowing it is described below;
1. Click on the Windows button and R simultaneously to open the run dialogue box.
2. Enter services.msc and okay to run the command.
3. From the list of services appear, find Windows Driver Foundation – User-mode Driver Framework service and double-click and open its properties.
4. Another small window will appear, where you have to look for startup type.
5. Then set that option to automatic from the drop-down menu.
6. Check whether the service status is running or not; if not, then push the start button, and it will be enabled.
7. Now click on the apply button down and then okay.
8. Now restart your PC, and you will not get a further error.
Solution-3: Check the update for incompatible devices
Another problem to the driver\driver\wudfrd failed to load for the device root\system\0000. warning is to check for updates for incompatible devices in your PC. You can find the exclamatory marks always remain near the unsupported devices and try updating them. Here we provided detailed explanations on how to fix this as well.
1. Like I previously said, the process of opening the run dialogue box, click on Windows + R.
2. Now type devmgmt.msc and click on the okay button.
3. It will pop up a device manager option.
4. Now, right-mouse-click on the devices incompatible, which can be figured out by the exclamatory sign.
5. Then update those devices.
6. From two options such as Search automatically for updated driver software and browse my computer driver software, click on the 1st option.
7. Now update the drivers or incompatible devices by following the instructions showing on the screen. You can install them manually, only by downloading the latest driver on their official website.
8. Reboot your computer to resolve the problem completely.
Solution-4: uninstall the USB controllers and install again
If all the other ways to resolve the problem fails, you can consider removing the old USB controller devices and can reinstall them again. Follow these steps below to perform the reinstalling process of USB controllers;
1. Open device manager by either clicking on windows and R and typing devmgmt.msc in the run box or directly by searching on the Cortana option on your desktop.
2. Then double click on Universal Serial Bus Controllers, and from the drop-down menu, select any USB device to uninstall it. Then a confirmation window will appear where you have to click okay. In that way, uninstall each USB device.
3. Now reboot your device to reinstall the uninstalled USB devices automatically.
Solution-5: Deactivate hard disk hibernation
Last but not the least method of solving error 219 is to deactivate or disable hard disk hibernation. This will happen by simple steps given below;
- Go to the power option by clicking on the windows button.
2. Now right-click on it and select the change plan setting option and click on change advanced power settings.
3. Enhance the hard disk by clicking on the small plus sign.
4. Again, open the drop-down menu of the turn off the hard drive after.
4. Now set it to battery and plugin and type ‘never’ in the box then enter to save changes.
5. Now restart your computer, as previously said.
Check one after another, in case a single solution is not working. These five methods are enough to solve the driver\driver\wudfrd failed to load for the device root\system\0000. error, so follow the instruction correctly, because this can only be helpful if you do step by step without skipping any essential steps.