Roku error code 005 occurs when there are some issues with a network connection. While downloading or updating the latest software on your Roku device, there are chances of the occurrence of the Roku error code 005.
Here, we are going to discuss the steps required to fix the Roku error code 005. So if you are the one who wants to get rid of this error as soon as possible, then you just need to follow the upcoming steps. It would be best if you made sure that the network you are using is in the least used channel by any other system.
How To Use Roku?
You can plug your Roku into your home theatre. A Roku connects your TV to your home network, and you can choose which channels you want to install. There are various common pay channels that you can go for, such as Prime, Hulu, Netflix, and Sling.
Ways To Fix Roku Error Code 005
Roku device continuously displays update notifications. Sometimes, the screen shows no progress even after agreeing to an update. And, a message is popped up. It states the Roku error code 005.
To fix this error, you need to check your wireless network strength and reset your ROKU device multiple Do not click OK on the update notification window.
Here are some tried and tested methods with the help of which you can fix the Roku error code 005.
- The error screen must be present on the device if you have already agreed to the update. You have to unplug the Roku device and plug it back to the TV to reboot it in such a situation.
- The update notification screen will appear again.
- Hold the Roku remote.
- Press the home button five times.
- Then press the fast forward button thrice and then the rewind button twice.
- A secret screen will appear on the display of your device.
- Now you can manually update your software.
- Check if the IP address is not set to ” 0.0.0.0″.
- Scroll down to the update software option.
- Click OK in the remote.
- Watch the progress bar until it loads to 100%.
- After all, this is done, the Roku device should usually work.
If the above procedure is not able to fix your issue, then you can follow this method. Restart both the router as well as Roku Express. You need to find the changed IP address and then get back to viewing the secret screen.
Methods To Deal With Roku Error Code 005
Roku is a device through which you can stream online channels. There are various kinds of issues faced by Roku users. Roku error code 005 is quite a prevalent issue amongst them. It indicates the network connection problem.
It can also happen when the user tries to download or update any new software in the Roku device. Thus, this Roku error code 005 prevents your device from performing the proper function. But it is quite simple to be managed efficiently.
Here are some methods to deal with Roku error code 005.
- Firstly you need to reset your ROKU device to the factory default setting.
- After that, connect your Roku device to a proper internet connection through a network. You can choose a wired or wireless network.
- Then you need to perform the activation process on the Roku device.
- Wait for the software update to finish.
- Attach the Roku device to the WiFi.
- After the complete successful activation of the Roku device, unplug it and your router from the power cord.
- Wait for some time and then connect your Roku device again to the power cord.
- Don’t forget to connect another device to the WiFi to ensure that your internet connection is excellent.
- You will notice that the Roku error code 005 is gone, and the device is working correctly.
After reading the whole article, you must have learned about how to fix this Roku error code 005. You can apply these tips and methods whenever you need them.
You can even contact the Roku customer service team and ask them for help if you cannot solve the issue on your own. They will provide you with a better solution.